Monday, January 7, 2013

Mr. The Plague

Husband brought home a fun holiday bonus.
A nasty cold.
He had the first of the year off, worked a half day on the second, took the third off and I took care of him. He was gracious enough to share his bonus with me.
Fortunately the child was mostly spared thanks to the fabulous wonder that is breastmilk borne antibodies.

It hit husband as a bad cough and chest congestion. It hit me as head congestion, coughing and a sore throat. Then I started showing signs of mastitis. Guess what that can do? Give you flu like symptoms. So I had nasty cold plus "flu like symptoms" and was pretty much useless.

For those unaware, mastitis is when your boob gets infected and can happen when you breastfeed. I tried taking hot showers to coax the probable plug out but it was just not coming. The bottom half of my left boob was lobster red. It was in a weird triangle and reminded me of a downward headed Pac Man, which oddly enough is my son's nickname as he goes to latch (attach himself to my boob to eat) because he opens his mouth big and keeps it open like Pac Man.

WAKAWAKAWAKAWAKA.

Anyway.

I nursed twice in a row on that side and said screw it, third time is the charm, right? Well it was. No more Pac Man red boob. WOO.

I still had the cold though and am finally coming out from the worst of it. I had to call my son's insurance company for the nth time and it was painful. My throat hurts and I sound like I've been smoking multiple packs a day but it will get better. Fortunately the insurance issues should be sorted out within 48 hours.

If you haven't seen "The Watch", I highly recommend it. Netflix and movies were my best friends this weekend and I really wasn't expecting much. I knew Richard Ayoade was in it and I loved him from the IT Crowd but Ben Stiller tends to put me off movies since the whole "Meet the Parents" series. This movie was effing AWESOME. It is NOT a family movie. The word "cum" is in the trailer. Trust me, NOT a family movie, but worth a watch if you have a dark sense of humor. My husband was not aware of the "alien invasion" theme and he was pleasantly surprised.






No comments:

Post a Comment